Oil India Limited Recruitment through GATE 2017. Oil India Limited is recruiting Executive Trainees through GATE 2017. The OIL or Oil India Limited is the biggest organization dealing with the production as well as the exploration of the hydrocarbons. Its ownership is in the hands of the Indian Government. The area under which it conducts its business consists of producing, developing, exploring natural gas and crude oil; transporting crude oil and producing LPG. The company was founded in the year 1959. It is a Navratna company. Its offices dealing with corporate affairs are present in Noida. Nearly three million tons of crude oil was produced by this company in the year 2014. In the same year, it produced more than forty thousand tons and over two thousand metric tons of LPG and natural gas respectively.
The gas fields present in the North-eastern portion of this country produce the maximum amount of its products. Its operations are extended in many other parts of Mizoram, Brahmaputra, Rajasthan, Tamil Naidu, Andaman, Arunachal Pradesh, Arabian Sea, off-shores of Cauvery and Orissa. For exploring the fields of gas and oil, the land licensed by the Government covers the area of more than one hundred thousand square kilometers. The presence of this company can also be seen in nations like Bangladesh, Yemen, Venezuela, Nigeria, Libya, the US, Iran, Mozambique, Sudan, and Gabon. The recruitment process of OIL is discussed below:
Oil India Limited Recruitment through GATE 2017
- For the discipline of Mechanical Engineering, the candidates must have a four-year graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering. They must also appear in the GATE exam under the ME code.
- The Geology discipline needs a post-graduate degree of two years in Geology. The candidates must take the GATE exam under the GG code.
- The candidates who desire to apply for the Geophysics discipline must have a 2 year PG degree in Geophysics. The candidates are also required to appear in the GATE exam under the GG code.
- Those who are applying for the Mechanical discipline must have at least 65% aggregate marks. The minimum aggregate marks for the candidates applying for the Geophysics and Geology discipline is 60%.
The age limit for the candidates who wishes to apply for the discipline of Mechanical Engineering is discussed below:
- For the unreserved category, the age of the candidates must not be more than 27 years.
- The candidates belonging to the OBC category must not be over 30 years of age.
- The age limit for the SC/ST category is 32 years.
The age limit for the Geology and Geophysics disciplines is given below:
- The candidates belonging to the unreserved category are subjected to the age limit of 29 years.
- The age limit for the OBC and SC/St categories is 32 years and 34 years respectively.
Reservation and Relaxation
The relaxation of the age limit is given not only to the OBC and SC/St candidates but also to the PWD and Ex-servicemen.
- A relaxation of 10 years is given to PWD candidates having 40% or above disability. This holds true for Mechanical as well as Geophysical and Geology disciplines.
- The Ex-servicemen, as well as commissioned officers, are given 5 years’ relaxation in all disciplines.
- A 5 years’ relaxation is also given in all disciplines to the candidates who are domicile to Jammu and Kashmir.
In order to get the above relaxations, the following points must be kept in mind:
- The candidates of PWD, SC/ST, and OBC categories must present an authentic PWD certificate and caste certificate respectively during the interview process.
- The candidate’s caste must be present in the backward classes’ list made by the Central Government. This is essential for the students who desire to obtain the benefits of the OBC NCL category.
- The candidates will not be allowed to change the community status indicated by them after the application form is filled.
- The candidates who fulfill the eligibility requirements stated above must take the GATE exam.
- The scores obtained by the candidates will form the basis of their shortlisting for the interview process.
- The GATE exam and the interview must be qualified separately by the candidates.
How to apply?
- The candidates can obtain detailed information regarding the GATE exam on the official websites of IISc and IITs.
- They will obtain the GATE registration number after applying for the exam.
- After obtaining the GATE registration number, the candidates will need to apply for the OIL recruitment process using the online mode. The official website of OIL will provide the necessary link to do the same.
- The candidates must provide correct information while filling the online application form. A unique registration number will be generated after completing the process successfully. The candidates must keep the Registration slip printout for future reference.
- The GATE registration number must be filled correctly by the candidates.
Training and Emoluments
The training of the selected candidates will last for at least 1 year, depending on their performance. A stipend of twenty-five thousand rupees will be given to the trainees during their training. Their pay scale will be from Rs 24900 to Rs 50500 if they complete the training successfully and get absorbed into regular executive of Grade B.
All the medical standards prescribed by the medical board of OIL must be fulfilled by the candidates in order to get appointed to the executive trainee post. The medical board will conduct PEME or Pre-Employment Medical Exam. Only those candidates, who are declared fit in this exam, will be selected to join the organization.
- The authentic institutes or universities must recognize the qualifications of the applicants.
- OIL will not take paper or manual application.
- If a candidate is found not fulfilling the eligibility requirement, or is found to have given false information, he or she will get rejected irrespective of the recruitment stage.
- The validity of the email-id submitted by the candidates while filling the online application form must be at least 1 year. They will not be allowed to change their email id once submitted.
- The candidates must present their original score card of the GATE exam during the interview process.
- The candidates who are providing their services in PSU or Government departments will need to submit NOC certificate during their interview.