NTPC Recruitment through GATE 2017: NTPC is recruiting Executive Trainees through GATE 2017. NTPC or National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd deals with activities related to electricity generation in India. The head office of NTPC is present in Delhi. The primary business of this company is to generate electricity and sell it to the state electricity boards and power distribution companies owned by the state. It is also engaged in turnkey and consultancy project contracts. These contracts consist of management, construction, engineering and operation of power plants. NTPC also deals with activities that are related to the mining of coal and exploration of gas. In India, it is the biggest power company. It is capable of producing forty-five thousand megawatts of power. Since the company operates its power plants at higher levels of efficiency, it generates more than twenty-five percent of total country’s power.
The Indian Government founded NTPC in the year 1975 and awarded it the Maharatna status in the year 2010. Its revenue and net income during the year 2014 were twelve billion dollars and two billion dollars respectively. NTPC carries out its operations from more than fifty offices in India, two in Bangladesh and one in Sri Lanka. The company has eight regional headquarters in India. They are present in Raipur, Secunderabad, Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Mumbai, Lucknow and Patna. The RLDC or Regional Load Dispatch Centers are responsible for scheduling as well as dispatching activities of all stations that are under the ownership of NTPC. The RLDC are responsible for maintaining the operations related to power grid systems of their respective areas. All these centers are under the control of POSOCO or Power System Operation Corporation Ltd.
The thermal power plants of NTPC that are based on coal can be found in UP, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Odessa, Delhi, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Assam, and West Bengal. Its thermal power plants that are based on gas are present in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Kerela, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana. The solar power plants of this company are located in the Andaman Islands, Odessa, UP, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. By the year 2031, NTPC is planning to raise its power generation capacity to one hundred and twenty-eight thousand megawatts. A MoU has been signed by this company and the Sri Lankan Government in order to set up a thermal power plant based on coal in Sri Lanka, having a capacity of five hundred megawatts. Numerous coal blocks, namely Kerandari, Bariatu and Barwadih are allotted to NTPC. These coal blocks are located at Dulangna, Talipalli, Odessa, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
NTPC Recruitment of Executive Trainees through Gate 2017
The following educational qualifications need to be fulfilled by the candidates in order to get considered for the NTPC recruitment process.
- The Electrical Engineering discipline requires a full-time graduate degree in Electrical, Power, Electronics, Power Systems, and High Voltage Engineering.
- For the discipline of Mechanical Engineering, they need a graduate degree in Mechanical, Thermal or Power Engineering.
- The recruitment in the Civil Engineering discipline needs a graduate degree in Civil or Construction Engineering.
- For Electronics Engineering discipline, the candidates must have a graduate degree in Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Telecommunication, or Electronics and Power Engineering.
- The candidates must have a graduate degree in IT or Computer Science Engineering for the discipline of IT and Computer Science.
The age of the applicants must not be more than 27 years.
Reservation and Relaxation
- The category mentioned by the candidates while filling the online application will not be allowed to change after the application is submitted. For getting relaxations in accordance with the category, the candidates of the reserved category must submit their caste certificate during the interview process.
- The candidates belonging to the SC, ST or PWD categories will not be subjected to the registration fees while doing the online registration.
- The candidates of reserved categories having minimum marks of fifty-five percent in the qualifying exam may also apply for the NTPC recruitment.
- For the SC and ST categories, a relaxation of 5 years is given in the age limit. The same for the OBC NCL or non-creamy layer is 3 years. The PWD candidates belonging to General, OBC and SC/ST categories are given a relaxation of 10, 13 and 15 years respectively.
- The candidates of the OBC group, belonging to the creamy layer will not get the relaxations of the OBC category. They must choose the general category while filling the application form. Those belonging to the non-creamy layer must submit the required certificate of the current year during GD and interview.
- The candidates who are domicile to Jammu and Kashmir are given a relaxation by five years. The same for Ex-servicemen will be in accordance with the norms of the Indian Government.
Candidates fulfilling all requirements stated above need to appear in the GATE exam. The shortlisting for the GD and the interview process will be done on the basis of the marks obtained in the GATE exam, and the requirements. In order to get considered for inclusion in the merit list, the candidates must obtain the minimum marks needed for qualifying the GD and interview. Thus, for the disciplines like Electrical, Civil, and Electronics engineering, the candidates must appear in the GATE papers having the code EE, CE, and EC respectively. Similarly, for disciplines like Mechanical and Computer Science Engineering, the candidates must give GATE exams under the code ME and CS respectively.
How to Apply
- The candidates can apply for the recruitment process on the official website of NTPC.
- The registration fees for OBC and General Categories is Rs 150.
- The registration fee will be collected by the SBI. The candidates must deposit their fee in the bank through the pay-in slip available on the portal. A journal number, as well as the bank’s branch code, will be issued by the bank on receiving the money. The candidates must fill these numbers correctly while doing the online registration.
- The refunding of fees is not allowed.
- A registration number will be generated after registering successfully.
Training and Emoluments
The candidates selected in the recruitment process will be subjected to a training of one year. The candidate’s performance and the recruitment will form the basis of deciding the final place of posting. The pay scale of the selected candidates is from Rs 24900 to Rs 50500. During the training period, the candidates will obtain Rs 24900 as the basic pay. After completing the training, the candidates will be placed in the position of Assistant manager, with the payment of Rs 24900 to Rs 50500.
A service agreement bond of two lakh rupees will be needed to be executed by the selected candidates belonging to the OBC and General categories. The same for PWD, SC, and ST candidates is one lakh rupees. They must serve for a minimum of 3 years after completing the training successfully.
The health of the candidates must be sound. They will be subjected to a medical examination before joining the NTPC. This exam will be conducted by the medical board of the NTPC. Any relaxation in the medical standards in not allowed.
- The candidates of Indian Nationality only can apply for the recruitment process.
- The qualifications of all candidates must be from an authentic and recognized institute or university in India.
- NTPC will not entertain paper or manual application.
- During any recruitment stage, a candidate’s candidature may get rejected if any information provided by him is wrong or false.
- The candidates must ensure that the email id entered by them in the application form remains valid for a minimum of 1 year. Once it is entered, it will not be allowed to change.
- The candidates selected for GD and interview must present the original score card of the GATE exam.
- An NOC certificate must be produced by the candidates who are employed in autonomous bodies, PSU, or government departments.