NHPC Recruitment through GATE 2017: NHPC is recruiting Trainee Engineers through GATE 2017. NHPC Ltd is a premier public sector organization of the Indian Government and is engaged in the Hydropower sector. It is diversifying and expanding for excelling in other power development sectors like Wind, Solar, and Thermal Power, both in India and abroad. This organization is looking for young, competent, promising and energetic Graduate Engineers with excellent academic record. The selected candidates will join as Trainee Engineers in the organization. The Trainee Engineer Post is open for Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and Geology Engineering disciplines. There are fifty posts in the Electrical engineering discipline, twenty in Civil and Mechanical Engineering each, and nine in Geology Discipline.
NHPC Recruitment through GATE 2017
The minimum qualification requirements for all disciplines are as follows:
- A full-time graduate degree in Technology, Engineering or BSc in Engineering in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil engineering (depending on the discipline one is applying into) from a university recognized by the AIU (All India Universities) and AICTE is a must.
- For geology discipline, candidates must possess a full-time M.Tech or MSc degree in Geology from an AICTE approved university or institute.
- Candidates must have secured sixty percent marks to become eligible for the position.
- Candidates applying for any discipline must not be more than thirty years of age.
- The electrical discipline includes power engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, electrical engineering and power systems and high voltage engineering.
- Mechanical discipline includes mechanical and automation engineering, production engineering, mechanical engineering and thermal engineering.
- Candidates must appear in the GATE exam of their corresponding discipline.
Relaxation and Reservation
The relaxations and reservations that are given to the SC/ST and PwD candidates are as follows:
- The minimum marks for Candidates belonging to the PwD and SC/ST categories are fifty percent.
- A five-year and three-year relaxation in age is given to the SC/ST and OBC categories respectively. The relaxation of ten years, thirteen years and fifteen years are given to PwD-General, PwD-OBC, and PwD-SC/ST respectively.
- In the Electrical Engineering discipline and Civil Engineering discipline, nine seats and six seats respectively, are reserved for PwD of HH and OL.
- In Mechanical and Geology disciplines, seven and two seats respectively, are reserved for PwD of OA, HH, and OL.Here, PwD is the short form Person with Disabilities. HH, OL, and OA are abbreviations for Hearing Handicapped, one Leg, and One Arm respectively.
The steps to apply for the NHPC recruitment process are given below:
- In the first step, candidates must visit the official website of NHPC, and click the link named ‘Career with us’.
- The second step involves the reading of all instructions provided on the official website.
- In the third step, candidates will need to fill in all the relevant details in the online form and submit it.
- The fourth step consists of the keeping the scanned copies of certain documents ready before attaching them in the online registration process. These documents include the secondary school certificate or matriculation certificate as birth date’s proof, mark sheets of class twelfth, graduation, and post-graduation; disability certificate (for PwD candidates), certificate for grade conversion obtained by the institute or university from where the candidate has obtained the degree, caste certificate (for SC, ST and OBC categories), and GATE 2017 Registration form or admit card. The scanned copies of the documents must be kept ready in the PDF format with the size between 100 to 200 KB. Colored passport sized photos and sign in JPEG format must also be kept ready.
- In the fifth step, scanned copies of the documents mentioned above must be uploaded by the candidates in the online form.
- The last step involves the generation of the registration form for future usage.
- After the completion of the registration process, a unique registration number generated by the system will be allotted to the candidates.
Pay Scale and Service Bond
The pay scale of candidates selected in the recruitment process will be twenty thousand rupees per month. After the trainee officers or engineers complete their training period of one year successfully, they will be absorbed in NHPC as Officer or Engineer, with a pay scale of twenty-four thousand rupees and one-year probation. They will get placement in offices, power stations or projects in subsidiary companies and joint ventures of NHPC in various locations of India or overseas.
A service agreement bond of two lakh rupees will need to be executed by the selected general category and OBC candidates. The same will be one lakh rupees for the selected SC/ST candidates.In addition to the basic payment, candidates will obtain IDA or Industrial Dearness Allowance and other benefits and allowances in accordance with the company rules.
The following points give general information regarding the NHPC recruitment process.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their graduate degree will not be eligible for the NHPC recruitment process.
- Only the candidates having the Indian Nationality can apply.
- Candidates must ensure that they satisfy all the norms and requirements. If any shortlisted candidate does not satisfy the same on the basis of his or her given information, he or she will not be permitted to join.
- Internal Candidates that have the required qualification also have the eligibility for the recruitment procedure.
- Only the online mode can be used for applying. The company will not entertain any paper or manual application.
- Any information or detail entered by the candidate will not be allowed to change once the form is submitted. This is especially true for the email id provided by the candidates. Hence, they must keep it valid and active for a minimum of one year, since all correspondence will take place through email only.
- If any applicant is registered with an invalid registration number of GATE-2017, or the uploaded documents are incomplete, then the application will be rejected.
- Candidates working with Autonomous bodies, Public sector units or Government Departments must attach a copy of No Objection Certificate at the joining time or with testimonials.
- NHPC has the right of altering, restricting, canceling, enlarging or modifying the recruitment process without notifying the candidates.
- The company also has the right of decreasing or increasing the number of vacancies in accordance with the requirements.