IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2017 – Indian Oil recruitment through GATE 2017: IOCL is recruiting Engineers through GATE 2017. Indian Oil is the major energy company in India. It has been serving the nation for the last fifty years and has become the biggest Indian enterprise, having a turnover of over rupees four lakh crore. It operates one of the biggest networks of pipelines, refineries, and petrochemical business in Asia. Indian Oil wishes to hire dedicated and energetic Graduate Engineers as Officers or Engineers. The disciplines for which it is hiring include Chemical Engineering (including Plastic Engineering, Polymer and Petrochemical Engineering, but not including Ceramics Engineering, Paint Technology, Oil Engineering and Surfactant Engineering), Information Technology and Computer Science (not including Information and Communications Technology).
It also includes Electronics and Communications Engineering (including Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and Electronics Engineering, but excluding Electrical and Electronics Engineering), Mechanical Engineering (excluding Mining and Machinery Engineering, Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Automobile, Power and Automation Engineering and Marine Engineering). Additionally, it is recruiting for the disciplines of petroleum Engineering (not including Petrochemical Engineering, Petroleum refining Engineering), Civil Engineering (excluding Transportation engineering, Environmental and Construction Engineering), Electrical Engineering (including Electrical and electronics Engineering and excluding Power Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering), and Polymer Science Engineering.The following are the details of the Indian Oil recruitment process.
The eligibility requirements provided below must be satisfied by the candidates before applying for the Indian Oil recruitment process.
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam and must possess a graduate degree in the disciplines mentioned in the introduction section. The institutes or universities that have awarded the degree must be recognized by the AIU or All India Universities.
- Candidates for the General, as well as the OBC categories, must secure at least sixty-five percent marks in the qualifying exam.
- The minimum marks for the candidates of PWD, ST and SC categories are fifty-five percent.
- Final year candidates are also eligible for the recruitment process. However, they will have to submit their final year mark sheet during the interview time.
- Candidates who have either completed or are still pursuing M.Tech in any field (not in the above-mentioned disciplines) must have obtained ( or are pursuing) B.Tech or B.E in any one of the disciplines mentioned above for obtaining the eligibility for the Indian Oil recruitment drive. Additionally, appearing in the GATE exam of the year 2017 in their B.Tech or B.E discipline is compulsory.
- Candidates who are completing or have completed their B.Tech or B.E graduate degree in inter-disciplinary subjects, integrated or combined disciplines such as Robotics/Mechanics will not have the eligibility to apply.
- All those belonging to the general category must not be more than twenty-six years of age.
- Reservations in the posts for the PWD (Person with Disability), OBC, ST and SC categories will be applied in accordance with the directives of the Indian Government.
- OBC Candidates are given a three-year relaxation in the maximum age limit. In accordance with the Presidential directives, the five-year relaxation for the candidates of SC/ST, and ten-year relaxation for the candidates of the PWD category may get extended.
- Candidates of Jammu and Kashmir Domicile, Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers will get a relaxation of five years in the upper age limit.
The application process consists of two stages. Both stages are described in detail below:
GATE 2017 Online Registration
- In this stage, candidates must complete the online registration process for GATE 2017 exam, by utilizing GOAPS or GATE Online Application Processing System.
- The admit cards of the GATE 2017 exam will be available at the website of GOAPS. It will contain the registration number of the candidates.
- Interested candidates can obtain more information about this exam on the official portals of IITs (Madras, Kanpur, Delhi, Roorkee, Kharagpur, Guwahati and Bombay).
Indian Oil Online Application
- Candidates can apply to the recruitment process of Indian Oil after downloading the receipt and admit card of the GATE 2017 exam. The link for the same will be made available on the official portal of the company.
- Candidates must open the link named ‘Online Application’, carefully read the instruction, and then fill in the details in the online form.
- In addition to giving accurate information, candidates should also give the correct registration number of GATE 2017 exam on the form.
- After filling in all the information, the completed form must be submitted by clicking the button named ‘Submit’ at the bottom of the web page. The system will provide an application id if the application is accepted.
- A printout of the completed form must be generated. Candidates must affix their passport size photo, and put their sign in the provided space. This printout must be kept safe for future usage.
The following provides a detailed explanation of the selection process being employed in the recruitment process.
- The selection process will involve the score obtained by the candidates in the GATE 2017 exam. All those who wish to expand their career with Indian Oil must appear in the GATE 2017 exam in their relevant discipline.
- Only the score of GATE 2017 exam will be valid. The scores of the GATE exam of previous years will not be taken into account.
- The GATE 2017 score will form the basis of the selection of the candidates for further rounds of the selection process. The shortlisted candidates will be asked to participate in the GT (Group Task) & GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview. The PI will access the candidates about the various facets of aptitude, skill, knowledge and attitude.
- The score obtained by the candidates on GATE 2017, GT/GD and PI will form the basis of the final merit list. The preparation of this list will be done category wise.
Candidates who will be chosen for the post of Officers or Engineers will obtain a basic pay of twenty-four thousand nine hundred rupees per month. Additionally, they will receive DA (Dearness Allowance) and other benefits in accordance with the Corporation rules.
Candidates of the General Category will be required to execute a three hundred thousand rupees’ bond for serving the corporation for at least three years from the joining date. The service bond for the candidates of PWD, OBC, ST and SC categories will be fifty thousand rupees.
|IMPORTANT LINKS||IMPORTANT LINKS|
|GATE 2017: Complete Details||GATE Books|
|GATE 2017 Syllabus||GATE 2017 Exam Pattern|
|GATE Preparation Tips||GATE Application Form|