CEL Recruitment through GATE 2017: CEL is recruiting Graduate Engineers through GATE 2017. The CEL or Central Electronics Limited is a Schedule B Public Sector company that operates under the Industrial and Scientific Research Department of the Science and Technology Ministry of India. It manufactures microwave electronics systems, railway signaling systems and solar photovoltaic systems, modules, and cells. The CEL desires to hire talented and high caliber professionals. The hiring will be done on the contractual basis. The contract will be valid for two years, which can be expanded on the basis of excellent performance. The expansion will be only for one more year.
If the performance of a candidate is extraordinary during his or her contractual period, the company holders may consider him or her for absorption in the company’ regular cadre. However, no candidate can ‘claim’ for absorption or regularization. Candidates can apply online for the disciplines of Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Electrical Engineering. The name of posts for all the mentioned qualifications will be Graduate Engineer.
CEL Recruitment through GATE 2017
Before applying for the Graduate Engineer post in the Central Electronics Limited, candidates must ensure that they fulfill all qualification requirements. These requirements are provided below:
- Only the Indian Citizens can apply for the recruitment process.
- The maximum age allotted to the candidates is twenty-seven years, and the minimum age is eighteen years.
- All those having a full-time graduate degree in the relevant disciple can apply to the recruitment process. In simple words, a candidate must have a graduate degree in electronics and communication engineering in order to apply for the disciple of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Similarly, candidates must possess a graduate degree in mechanical engineering, material science or electrical engineering to apply to the disciplines of ME (Mechanical Engineering), Material Science and EE (Electrical Engineering) respectively.
- Candidates having the Masters Degree in the above-mentioned disciplines are also welcome to apply.
- Candidates must have obtained at least sixty-five percent marks in their graduate or masters degree.
- Students in their final year or final semester of their graduate degree are also eligible for the recruitment process.
- For availing the above-mentioned facility, students must secure a minimum of sixty-five percent marks in their graduate degree.
- It is compulsory for candidates to appear for the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2017 exam. The shortlisting of the candidates in the first stage will take place on the basis of the requirement and marks obtained by the candidates in GATE 2017.
- The Central Electronics Limited also invites applications from the Graduate Engineers who have B.Tech or B.E qualifications in Material Science or Ceramics Discipline and are giving the GATE 2017 exam in the Material Science Discipline.
Important points pertaining to the application process of the CEL recruitment process are as follows:
- Candidates wishing to apply will need to submit the application forms using the online process. The submission of these forms can be done on the official portal of Central Electronics Limited.
- Candidates will also need to update their GATE score and AIR (All India Rank). They are required to upload their GATE scorecard till 17th October 2017 on the website ‘https: //hr2017.celsolar.in’ by logging in using their login credentials.
- The website mentioned above contains a list of all those candidates who have provided complete GATE 2017 details. All applicants who are still waiting for their results must also update their result of the final year of their degree.
- Candidates who have uploaded their details of the GATE exam do not automatically obtain the guarantee of their eligibility. Their eligibility will be determined after they upload all the required details.
- There are twenty-nine vacancies for the Electronics and Communication discipline, sixteen for Mechanical Discipline, Nine for the Electrical Discipline and only one for the Material Science Discipline.
CTC – Cost To Company
This section discusses the CTC details of the selected candidates.
- Candidates selected for the Graduate Engineer post will obtain twenty-three thousand rupees per month in their first year.
- During the second year, their emoluments will be rupees twenty-four thousand per month.
- Any candidate who is considered for the regular cadre on the basis of extraordinary performance will get rupees sixteen thousand to forty thousand rupees per month.
- The CTC includes transport allowance, DA, basic pay, HRA and the PF amount.
The following are some general instructions pertaining to the recruitment process of CEL.
- Candidates are required to deposit the requisite fees while submitting the application form. The modalities will start only after the fee is paid. Those belonging to the PH, ST and SC categories do not need to pay any fee.
- A relaxation of five years is given to the SC/ST candidates. On the other hand, the upper age limit is relaxed by three years for the applicants belonging to the OBC category. For the PwD of General category, ten-year relaxation is given. The relaxation of thirteen years and fifteen years is given to the PwD-OBS and PwD-Sc/ST categories respectively.
- Reservations are applicable in accordance with the government rules.
- Candidates shortlisted for the recruitment process will be informed about the venue, time and date of their personal interview through email.
- Shortlisted candidates will need to carry their original score card of the GATE 2017 exam at the interview time.
- The final result of the CEL recruitment process will be published on the CEL’s official website. Candidates can download their result by entering their roll number and password correctly.
- In case any information provided by a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility requirements mentioned above, the candidature of that candidate will get rejected any stage of the NHPC recruitment process.
- Applicants can contact the company authority by emailing them at the email id provided on the official portal of CEL for addressing all their queries.
- Last but not the least, candidates must regularly visit the company website for any updates since any updating/changes, and information will be provided there.