BPCL recruitment through GATE 2017: BPCL is recruiting Management Trainees through GATE 2017. BPCL or Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd is a leading public sector company of the dynamic and exciting energy sector of India. It refines oil, market and distributes petroleum products, and also explores gas/oil. It is among the biggest corporations in India. Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd offers one a lifetime of professional and personal development. With this organization, one can flourish, and gain good experience to progress ahead.
BPCL is recruiting Graduate Engineers in Instrumentation, Chemical and Mechanical Engineering. Hence, if one is driven by a quest for passion and excellence, Bharat Petroleum provides a very good environment of phenomenal change and growth in the oil marketing and refining sector. This article provides information regarding the eligibility requirements, application procedure, and other essential details about the BPCL recruitment process.
BPCL recruitment through GATE 2017:
The following will give a clear picture of the eligibility requirements for the BPCL recruitment process:
- A minimum of sixty percent marks in the qualifying degree is mandatory. The minimum qualifying marks for the candidates of SC, ST and PWD categories is fifty percent.
- All those who have cleared integrated course(s) with five or more years will not have the eligibility to apply.
- Students who are in the final year of their degree can also apply. However, they must have secured at least sixty percent marks (aggregate) in their previous semesters. The minimum score of such candidates from the ST, SC and PWD categories is fifty percent.
- Age Limit:
The age limit criteria for candidates of different categories are as follows:
- The maximum age allotted to the candidates of the general category is twenty-five years.
- For OBC and SC/ST candidates, the maximum age is twenty-eight years and thirty years respectively.
- Candidates belonging to the PWD category and having forty percent or more degree of disability are provided a ten-year relaxation.
- All those who are domicile to Jammu and Kashmir between 1st January 1980 and 31st December 1989 are given a five-year relaxation in the age limit.
- Commissioned officers, like SSCOs and ECOs, and ex-servicemen that provided at least five years of military service are given a relaxation of five years.
Candidates must appear in the GATE exam. The requirements pertaining to the same are provided below:
Specialization: Mechanical Engineering
- The qualifying degree of the candidates for this specialization is B.Sc, B.Tech, and B.E in mechanical engineering.
- They will need to appear for the GATE exam under ME (Mechanical Engineering).
- The qualifying degree for this specialization is B.Sc, B.Tech, and B.E in Chemical Technology or Chemical Engineering.
- Candidates must appear in Gate 2017 CH (Chemical Engineering).
- Candidates wishing to apply for this specialization must have B.Sc, B.Tech or B.E degree in one of the following: Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, or Instrument & Electronics Engineering.
- They will have to give Gate 2017 IN (Instrumentation Engineering) exam.
The application process of the BPCL recruitment process is described below:
- Candidates must first apply for the GATE exam. More information regarding this exam can be found out on the official website of IIS (Indian Institute of Science) and IITs (Indian Institute of Technology).
- After applying for the exam, candidates will receive their admit cards with registration number present on the cards. After obtaining the registration number, they will need to open the official portal of BPCL, where they can submit the filled online application form.
- A unique application ID will be allotted to the candidates after they submit the filled online form.
- The login details and the filled application form will be emailed to the candidates. These documents must be kept safe since they will need to be submitted at the time of the interview.
- The login username will contain the candidate’s email id, and their GATE registration number will be their password.
- Shortlisted candidates must generate the printout of the completed application form. This printout must have their recent photo and sign at the required place.
- At the interview time, candidates will have to provide their score card and admit card of GATE 2017, in addition to the online form. Invalid admit and score card will lead to the rejection of the candidate.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their merit in Instrumentation, Chemical, and Mechanical Discipline through scores of GATE 2017 exam.
- Candidates will be further shortlisted on the basis of GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview.
- The medical fitness of the candidates in the pre-employment medical exam will form the basis of the final selection of the candidates.
The shortlisted candidate of the recruitment process of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd will be placed on the Management Group of the company. However, they will have to successfully complete a probation period of one year for the placement. One other thing to note is that the candidates can get posted in any location of the company, and may have to do shift duties.
The points given below will provide detailed information about the remuneration of the selected candidates.
- Candidates shortlisted for the post of Management Trainee will be in Group A.
- Their basic salary will be twenty-four thousand nine hundred rupees. Additionally, they will receive DA or Dearness Allowance on the basis of the payable IDA and House Rent Assistance. The class of the location of the posting will form the basis of the latter.
- At the entry level, the total payment of the management trainees will be ten lakh per annum. This amount will include fifty percent of the basic pay as the performance related payment and allowances, and thirty percent of the basic DA as the retirement benefits, which include New Pension Scheme, Gratuity and Provident Fund.
- The perquisites of the company consist of Group Savings Insurance Scheme, medical reimbursement for family members, vehicle or house loan facilities and holiday home facility.
|IMPORTANT LINKS||IMPORTANT LINKS|
|GATE 2018: Complete Details||GATE Books|
|GATE 2018 Syllabus||GATE 2018 Exam Pattern|
|GATE Preparation Tips||GATE Application Form|